I am passionate about sustainable development, societal change ocean conservation and climate neutrality. Interested in energy transition, national and international climate policy, physics of the ocean.
I am convinced that we need a change to more ecological, social and economical sustainability. Since these three components of sustainable development are strongly interconnected, an interdisciplinary approach is needed.
- climate scientist Master of science (with distinction)
- physical oceanographer Bachelor of science
- sound engineer Dipl. Ing. (FH)
- diving instructor PADI IDC staff instructor
- 2005: University entrance diploma (Abitur)
- 2005: Diving instructor qualification in Carvoeiro, Portugal
- since 2005: Freelancing diving instructor. As a diving instructor I conduct courses in SCUBA diving mainly in Portugal and Germany. In my courses I set a special focus on environmental protection.
- 10.2005 - 10.2006: Civil service
- 2007: Audio engineering diploma at SAE cologne
- 2011: Sound and vision engineering diploma (Dipl. Ing.(FH)) at FH Düsseldorf
- 07.2011 - 06.2012: Manager at Algarve DiveXperience
- 2013: Campaigning for shark protection. Within the scope of the project AWARE Finathon I conducted a campaign for the protection of sharks. Among other things I collected more then 11,000 signatures and induced a Chinese restaurant to stop selling shark-fin soup. With my cycle4sharks Tour I cycled along the European Atlantic coast from Germany to Portugal and collected mores than 2,500 € of donations for shark-protection. For the campaign I was awarded with the project AWARE finthon award 2013.
- since 2013: Since October of 2013 I am a member of the Greenpeace-group in Hamburg. We keep ourselves busy with planning and executing projects and informative meetings about environmental protection, as well as enquiries concerning current campaigns of Greenpeace Germany. Between January of 2015 and January of 2016 I was the group-coordinator of the Greenpeace-group Hamburg. Since 2014 I am also a member of the Greenpeace diving-team. Since 2017 I am a member of the Greenpeace boat-team.
- since 2014: Talks about sharks. I talk about sharks in the marine ecosystem and their peril on regular basis.
- 2016: Physical oceanography (bachelor of science) at University of Hamburg
- 09.2016 - 08.2018: Research assistant. In the working group for sea ice remote sensing I conducted research on the predictability of sea ice area and on changes at Antarctic ice-shelves.
- 2018: Deutschland Stipendium. A scholarship for students with extraordinary programme achievements and societal engagement.
- 2018: Integrated climate system science (master of science with distinction) at University of Hamburg
- 10.2018 - 12.2018: Internship at Greenpeace Germany
- 01.2019 - 03.2019: Scientist at University of Hamburg
- since 07.2019: Founder and CEO of Sana Mare e.V.
Sana Mare e.V. addresses marine pollution and poverty in Africa and Asia through coastal and river clean-ups and cooperation with people living in poverty.
- 08.2019 - 04.2022: Teacher for math and physics at Albert-Schweitzer-Gymnasium Hamburg
- since 05.2022: Project Manager at Verein Jordsand zum Schutz der Seevögel e.V.
I am responsible for the development of a joint project with representatives from science, administration and civil society to establish the consequences of climate change for the Wadden Sea ecosystem in the political and social discussion.
Please don't hesitate to contact me!
Telefon: +49 (0)152 16034189